Natural Kirklees was created in order to coordinate activities both;
- between voluntary groups and;
- between those groups and Kirklees Council
– to produce the best possible outcome for everyone in preserving and making best use of our physical and natural environment.
Recognising the value that voluntary groups bring to the community, Kirklees Council supports Natural Kirklees in many ways;
- by taking an innovative approach to organisation questions;
- by finding ways to give us access to council resources and capabilities that would not otherwise be available;
- by recognising our voice as representing many local residents and working with us to achieve common goals;
- and by contributing to our finances – recognising the real value that the work of voluntary groups contributes to the Kirklees environment.
We would like to recognise that the flexible approach taken by Kirklees is a frequently invisible and unsung resource supporting Natural Kirklees and the voluntary groups who are our members.